Tea kettles are essential in your homes and not only tea lovers will benefit from it. There are lots of tea kettles in the market with various designs, colors, features and prices. I am going to review four kettles that I have stumbled upon in Amazon. ( one of them listed as electric tea kettle reviews ).
I like buying online since I am a busy person and don’t have much time to shop in physical stores. Amazon is my go to website when I needed to buy something.
When I want to buy something, I don’t want it to be just random. I would want it to have something that I am looking for in a certain product. There are certain things that I have considered before selecting these kettles: price, design, whistling tea kettle features and durability. All of the kettles here cost less than a hundred dollars; mind you they are good enough for their prices. They also come in different designs and features which I will review one by one. Last is durability, how long did the kettle last?
I want to assure you that you are going to get high quality products for their price and these kettles won’t break easily even after months of use.
|Cuisinart Aura Tea Kettle||$29.95||Enamel Steel||Black / White / Red||8.1 x 8.1 x 9 inches|
|KitchenAid 2.0-Quart Tea Kettle||$69.00||Stainless Steel||Red||8 x 9.1 x 8 inches|
|Circulon Sunrise 1.5-Quart||$16.99||Steel||Many Colors||8.66 inches x 7.98 inches x 8.11 inches|
|Chefman Electric Kettle||Sale: $51.99||Glass||Silver||6 inches x 8 inches x 10 inches|
1. Cuisinart CTK-EOS17BK Aura Enamel-on-Steel Stovetop Teakettle
Cuisinart CTK-EOS17BK Aura Enamel Steel
- Size is great and work with the induction cooktop.
- Made from good metal with fast heating
- Handle stays cool while heats up.
$29.95 on Amazon
The Cuisinart CTK-EOS17BK is said to be made of Enamel-on-Steel. I wonder if it makes boiling tea different. Or is enamel steel better than the usual stainless steel? Well, first of all it did not make the tea taste any different from when I am using a kettle made of stainless steel. So I guess enamel steel makes this kettle seem fancier.
- Price: This kettle retails in Amazon for $29.95, I guess it’s the surgical steel material that made it pricey, and Cuisinart is known as unique tea kettles design.
- Design: Design wise it looks like any other tea kettle that I had. It has a shiny silver color with a chrome finish. The grip on top of the kettle is good and the distance is ideal for pouring hot water, my hands can easily hold the handle. There are kettles that don’t have a lever on the lid; this one has a lever that makes opening the spout so much easier. You have to manually open the spout with the lever as you pour as it does not lock in place and works with a spring.
The cover comes off easily; I’ve had kettles that will give you muscles just trying to take the lid off.
This kettle is on the smaller size and will only hold a couple cups of tea. The base is wide and will fit on a large burner stove. The slightly bigger base helps the water to heat up quicker without losing any heat. The whistle on this kettle is just like any other kettle with good volume and nothing too obnoxious with the sound.
- Durability: This kettle can be used in both a stove and induction cooker. I find it works better on my stove. I have used this several times and didn’t notice any stains even if I let my left over tea overnight. No signs of rusting whatsoever for the whole month I’ve been using it. I also clean this in the dishwasher.
Final thoughts: This is a nice tea kettle which i used to make few cups of tea daily, i do experienced how good a tea leaf can detox your body. I also like that it has a lifetime guarantee so if ever you get a faulty product, you can return it and ask for a replacement.
2. KitchenAid KTEN20SBER 2.0-Quart Kettle with Full Stainless Steel Handle and Trim Band
KitchenAid KTEN20SBER 2.0-Quart Kettle
- Nice design with simple style.
- The handle has a good grip to it so I wouldn't worry about it slipping off.
- It's made of stainless steel
$69.00 on Amazon
Remember that old nursery song about a tea pot? Well, this kettle just reminds me of that. It’s short and stout and has a loud whistle when the water boils. It’s lightweight and easy to lift from the stove.
- Price: You can get this stout little kettle for $69.00 in Amazon. I’d say the price is alright with this kettle.
- Design: The design of this kettle is pretty simple; it looks broader than your average kettle. The C handle has a good grip to it so I wouldn’t worry about it slipping off. The handle also stays cool even if the water is already boiling. It also has a lever which you can use to open the spout when pouring water. It’s convenient and makes pouring water from the spout safer since you don’t have to quickly take off the cover. The lid is securely set on top of the kettle.
- Durability: It’s made of stainless steel; I’ve read several reviews about stainless steel kettles getting discolored. Mine didn’t get any discolorations after one month but it did have mineral deposits on the side.
Final thoughts: I can’t seem to get that little tea pot song off my head whenever I see this kettle. I like this kettle and have used it for almost a month with no issues so I’d recommend this.
3. Circulon Teakettles Sunrise Whistling Teakettle
Circulon Teakettles Sunrise Whistling Teakettle
- Attractive design kettle, and well balanced.
- Whistle is neither too loud nor too soft.
- Good to go with the price.
$16.99 on Amazon
First impression with this kettle is that it looks compact and sturdy. It’s more on the smaller side and can only hold up to 6 cups of water. I’d say that this one is the most impressive looking of the three that I have reviewed. It’s made of steel and is a nice navy blue color.
- Price: This little kettle is available in Amazon for $16.99, the cheapest kettle in the list and is definitely a must buy for tea lovers.
- Design: It has a very compact look to it from the handle down to the spout. I like the feel of the handle; it’s non slip and doesn’t heat up. The kettle is designed in a round shape with a bigger spout. I find the top part to be a bit too small though. It has what the company calls a “squeeze and pour” spout lever in the handle so you can easily lift the spout without scalding yourself.
One thing that I have noticed about this kettle is that it only whistles when the water reaches a certain point and the whistle is just enough to alert you.
- Durability: Cleans well in the dishwasher. Didn’t get any stains on it even when I left my tea in the kettle over night when I left the house and forgot about it. I dropped this accidentally but it didn’t get any dents or scratches on it.
Final thoughts: This is a rather nice kettle, it’s small and compact. I like the design and the simplicity of it. I would recommend this kettle for those who are on a budget and looking for a small kettle for tea time.
See more for how to make a good cup of tea.
4. Chefman RJ11-17-GP Precision Electric Kettle
Chefman RJ11-17-GP Precision Electric Kettle
- Nice Electric Kettle by Chefman, easy to use with temperature settings.
- Heats up faster than stove top, and keep warm mode is nice features.
Sale: $51.99 on Amazon
This kettle looks classy and modern, one that you would see in a modern chic kitchen. This is the only electronic kettle on the list but the price blew me away.
- Price: This kettle can be yours for less than a hundred dollars; it’s only Sale: $51.99 on Amazon. It looks expensive but it’s actually great buy for the price.
- Design: It’s a sleek and modern design and is made of thick glass, this kettle has a built in infuser perfect for tea lovers like me. Other than tea, it’s also perfect for coffee and more. The glass is pretty thick so I’d bet it won’t crack or break easily just as long as you are careful with it. I like watching the bubbles as my tea brews. Since it’s glass you can also easily determine the amount of tea that you have left.
The company states that it boils water faster than microwave or stove top kettles and I can attest to that. It boils water very effectively in just a short amount of time. I really like that it’s cordless and the base swivels. It doesn’t drip and pouring tea is a breeze with this kettle.
On the base you can see the temperature of the water in a bright LED light. You can program the temperature of the water as to how hot you want it to be which is very convenient. It’s very easy to program as well, the basics are explained on the manual.
- Durability: I’m more careful with this kettle since it’s made of glass. I have no issues in cleaning it in the dishwasher as the top, infuser and the kettle can be disassembled and detached from its base.
See more choices for Electric Kettle:
See more for how to choose the best teapot.